Screening for specific cancer
Get update on your WhatsApp
Screening is essential to detect the disease at an early stage. Screening is also beneficial when the target disease is in specific population.
1. Breast cancer
- Breast self examination
- Clinical examination for women with 29-30 years of age every 3 years is recommended.
- Mammography: It is an x-ray of breast used to identify tumor and its location. Women of 60-70 years of age should test at every 2 year of interval.
2. Cervical cancer
- Pap test: Pap smear test at every 3 year is recommended at the age from 35.
- HPV Test: Human papilloma virus test is used to detect the HPV virus but cannot detect the cancer . HPV positive person have increased risk of cervical cancer.
3. Ovarian cancer
- Adnexal palpation
- Transvaginal ultrasound (TVUS)
- CA-125 assay: This test is used to measure the amount of protein CA 125 that determines the early sign of ovarian cancer.
4. Skin cancer
- Complete skin examination through visualization.
5. Prostrate cancer
- Prostrate specific antigen (PSA)
- After 50 years of age, regular testing should be done.
6. Colorectal cancer
- Sigmoidscopy: For Adults of 50-70 years is recommended with high sensitivity.
- Feccal occult blood
- FEcal DNA Testing
- CT colonography
7. Lung cancer
- Low dose computed tomography ( CT Scan) : Age of 55-80 yearswith more than or equal to 30 pack per year smoking history are highly susceptible. or the ones who has past history of 15 years of continuous smoking.
It will be great, if you share your view on above write-up.
Your content has been submitted
An error occurred. Try again later